- Rapid Prototyping PCB Assembly
- New Product Introduction
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Services
- Cable and Wire Harness Assembly
- Box Build Assembly Services
- Repair and Refurbishment
- Supply Chain Management
- Low Pressure Injection over Molding
- System Integration
- BGA Rework
- Failure Analysis and Reliability
- Surface Mount Technology
- Electronics Contract Manufacturing Service
- Electronics Testing Services
- PCB Assembly Optical Inspection
- Design for Manufacturing
- Electromechanical Assembly
- Mixed Model Assembly Services
- High Volume PCB Assembly
- Low Volume PCB Assembly
- PCB Conformal Coating Services
- Selective Soldering
- Consumer Electronics Fulfillment Services
- Electronics Manufacturing Services
- SMT Stencils
- Turnkey PCB Assembly
- Consigned PCB Assembly
Through-Hole PCB Assembly
Through-hole assembly is a method of electronics assembly in which all connections are made through the holes in the circuit board. For many years, through-hole assembly has been one of the widely used methods of producing PCBAs. Even though there are several other new and updated assembly techniques available today, through-hole PCB assembly is still popular as it is simple, reliable, and cost-effective. The assembly technique is often used for prototyping, and small production runs. We, Suntronic, being a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider, offer through-hole PCB assembly services to customers across industries. Our through-hole PCB assembly services include both automated and manual techniques, where the latter is mostly employed for complex assemblies.
Through-Hole PCB Assembly Capabilities of Suntronic
At Suntronic, we have been providing the best quality through-hole PCB assembly services for a long time. We have been serving clients from different industrial sectors and they all are extremely satisfied with our PCBA services. We believe the following capabilities that has been developed over the years allow us serve our clients better.
- We provide PCB through-hole circuit board assembly services to meet requirements of your single, double-sided, and high-density multilayer boards.
- We own cutting-edge automated insertion equipment for axial and radial component placement. We use a variety of such equipment to achieve high-speed installation of through-hole components.
- In our facility, we have cutting-edge reflow ovens that allow us to properly fix soldering paste, as well as automated wave soldering equipment that allow us to precisely solder through-hole components.
- Our comprehensive through-hole testing capabilities including in-circuit testing, automated optical inspection (AOI), automated X-ray inspection (AXI), and burn-in tests allow us maintain quality and affordability.
- With proper planning and execution, Suntronic has been catering to low to high volume requirements of clients from various industries such as the aerospace, medical, automotive and telecommunications sectors.
Our staff possess several years of experience in hand assembly, working to IPC 610 class 3 standards, which is the highest reliability standard of workmanship.
Steps We Follow in Through Hole Assembly
The following are the steps involved in through-hole assembly.
- The first step is to mount each component on a separate surface mount printed circuit board (SMPCB)(Surface Mount Printed Circuit Board.)
- The SMPCB then goes into a pick-and-place machine, which moves along a conveyor belt.
- The machine then picks up the components from the SMPCB and places them on circuit board, which was drilled as per the design requirement.
- Then the components are soldered to the board.
- Lastly, the circuit board is cleaned and tested before being wrapped up and sent to its final destination.
Benefits of Through-Hole PCB Assemblies
Through-hole PCB assembly is an economical and feasible way to assemble your circuit boards and it is the most commonly used assembly process for low complexity requirements. The process can be utilized to manufacture a variety of devices including resistors, capacitors, inductors, switches, relays, connectors, potentiometers and more. The following are a few of the several benefits of through-hole PCB assembly.
- Through-hole assemblies are easy to assemble and have a higher yield rate.
- This assembly process is straightforward and simple to perform. Also, you don’t have to worry about intricate placement issues, since all components are placed in holes which are usually spaced at regular intervals.
- Compared with Surface Mount Technology (SMT), through-hole assembly guarantees higher density, wider choices of components, better electrical performance and better design capability.
- The assembly technique guarantees stronger bonds between the circuit and its components, and this makes it an ideal choice to incorporate in products that are subjected to high power, high voltage, and mechanical stress.
- THT assembled boards own high heat tolerance, and this makes it a preferred process for military and aerospace products.
Being one of the best PCB assembly service providers, we at Suntronic, align ourselves with our customers’ needs by providing through-hole assembly services at affordable prices. We are capable of handling any custom PCBA project, no matter how complex it is. Whether you’re looking for prototypes, high volume manufacturing or quick turn, we can handle your needs. Our services are used in many industries including aerospace, defense, medical, oil and gas, telecommunications, computers, power generation, and transportation, among others. Feel free to contact us today with your typical through-hole PCB assembly requirements. We would be happy to help you.