- Rapid Prototyping PCB Assembly
- New Product Introduction
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Services
- Cable and Wire Harness Assembly
- Box Build Assembly Services
- Repair and Refurbishment
- Supply Chain Management
- Low Pressure Injection over Molding
- BGA Rework
- Failure Analysis and Reliability
- Surface Mount Technology
- Electronics Contract Manufacturing Service
- Electronics Testing Services
- PCB Assembly Optical Inspection
- Electromechanical Assembly
- Through-Hole PCB Assembly
- Mixed Model Assembly Services
- High Volume PCB Assembly
- Quick Turn PCB Assembly
- PCB Conformal Coating Services
- Selective Soldering
- Consumer Electronics Fulfillment Services
- Electronics Manufacturing Services
- SMT Stencils
- Turnkey PCB Assembly
- Consigned PCB Assembly
Low Volume PCB Assembly Services
Low volume, as the term implies, is a batch with limited number of assembly batches. While some OEMs manufacturing electromechanical products require PCBAs in bulk, a low volume PCB assembly may be required for a limited edition product or one with very specific requirements. In such a scenario, it is crucial to first make a low volume prototype PCB assembly as that would give an idea about the final product and if it requires any changes. Suntronic Inc. is an experienced full service electronics contract manufacturer; however, volume has never been an issue for us. We offer PCB assembly services including prototyping even for low volume orders and regardless of the complexity of the requirement.
Types of low Volume PCB Assembly Services Offered by Suntronic, Inc.
We can cater to complex requirements and support a limited edition product launch through our low volume prototype and PCB assembly services. Most startups and new players in this segment also may prefer a low volume PCB assembly as part of their experiment and exploring the market potential. We can help all these OEMS as we have a well-equipped facility and experienced engineering teams. Here are some of the low volume PCB assembly services we offer.
- Design for Testing (DFT): DFT facilitates enhanced functional testing of the boards, complying with the standards. It uses test points which helps with functional tests during and after board manufacturing. We involve our client also in DFT, which helps them understand the testing processes quite easily. They may raise questions if any.
Our Low Volume PCB Assembly Capabilities
These are our turnkey PCB manufacturing and assembling capabilities.
- Our state-of-the-art facility with advanced tools and machines, experienced teams, and the budget which can cater to low volume prototypes assemblies enable us to achieve low volume PCBs to required specifications. By budgets we mean, we may require tooling for only a small quantity of boards or merely a prototype; however, that is worth the cost and effort as it serves as a future reference for PCB assemblies for many OEMs.
- We have strict testing and inspection procedures in place. The testing techniques include automated optical inspection (AOI), microscopic inspection, x-ray inspection, flying probe test (FPT), and visual inspection.
- We offer single and double sided boards which are mostly flexible or rigid-flex for our low volume PCB assemblies which may comprise barely 200-250 boards or lesser than that.
- For our low volume prototype and PCB assembly, we use different component mounting techniques such as surface mount technology (SMT) and plated through hole (PTH) technology. Additionally, we provide ball grid array (BGA), uBGA/Micro BGA, chip-scale packaging (CSP), and so on.
- We use leaded as well as RoHS-compliant solder types and advanced soldering techniques such as selective wave soldering, pb88 soldering, high melting point (hmp) soldering, and au80 soldering.
- We accept PCB designs in Gerber RS-274X, 274D, Eagle and AutoCAD’s DXF, and DWG file formats. You can share this along with your Bill of Materials (BoM).
Advantages of Low Volume PCB Assembly
There are many advantages of opting for low volume PCB assembly. Here are some of them.
- A low volume PCB assembly or even a prototype are ideal for experimenting in terms of a new product.
- In fact, there is a way or strategy of placing components on these boards. For instance, if we want to test or troubleshoot a particular circuit or component, we keep that space free of other components which may hinder the testing process.
- You can test components in detail and find out if any repairs or replacements are needed. You can also check for compatibility issues with specific components.
- Bare boards facilitate easy changes in design if required.
- Low volumes help save on cost and production downtime in the long run as a lot of detailed analysis is possible. This is also because of less number of boards, components, and layers.
- Once you have a good design, a low volume PCB assembly offers the flexibility to even rework on the same board surface, especially during prototyping.
Low Volume PCB Assembly Capabilities
*Suntronic Inc. does not offer design services. However we can recommend design service providers who can help you out with your requirements.
Types of PCB assembly low volume
Surface Mount Technology (SMT PCB)
Through-Hole Technology (TH)
Mixed Technology PCB Assembly
Design for Testing Services (DFT)
Functionality of testing requirements
Problem identification and more
We use different component mounting techniques such as: Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Plated Through Hole (PTH) technology
Leaded as well as RoHS compliant Solder
Selective Wave Soldering
High Melting Point (HMP) Soldering
We accept PCB Designs in following formats: Gerber RS-274X, 274D, Eagle and AutoCAD’s DXF, DWG
Benefits of Partnering with Us as Your Low Volume PCB Solutions Provider
Aside from the benefits of opting for low volume PCB assemblies, there are advantages of partnering with us for these requirements. Here are some of them.
- We have all the capabilities required to offer turnkey PCB manufacturing and assembling, and more so the required experience and technical expertise. We have all the processes streamlined.
- When we say we are a full service contract manufacturer, we mean we cater to literally everything even for low volume PCB assembly. This comprises prototyping, manufacturing, pilot runs, entire batch runs of PCB assemblies, box build, system level assembly integration, testing, packaging, supply chain and delivery. This includes all the technical assistance you may require as a client.
- Our supply chain expertise and a strong vendor network certainly helps our clients procure the best and the most suitable parts and board materials. We can get them delivered on time which helps reduce time to market of our clients.
- Being focused on quality, we take even low volumes and prototypes very seriously. We use DFT, LEAN, and so on for manufacturing, testing, as well as vendor evaluation.
- We have an excellent aftersales team which focuses on aftersales support, installations, teething issues, maintenance, repairs, and so on.
- Just like low volume batches foster further development, innovation, and benchmarking of PCBs for specific applications, our strong engineering teams focus on R&D which yields continual improvement.
- Our low volume PCBs, prototypes, and assemblies have been used in the most crucial sectors such as defense, aerospace, medical, heavy engineering, automotive, electronics, and so on.
- We offer the best prices and fast turnaround times.
- Our experience of working with clients from diverse industries and installing our assemblies for their mission critical applications enables us to offer a high level of customization to our clients to suit their specific requirements.
With over two decades of experience to our credit and well-equipped facilities in Dallas and Houston, we are able to fulfill even the most complex low volume requirements and on time. If you want to share your requirements with us, we can offer you a quick quote. If you require low volume PCB prototyping, manufacturing and assembling services, you can contact us via phone or email, or visit our facilities.