Call Me Back
PCB Assembly for Oil and Gas Industry by Suntronic
The oil and gas industry is one of the fastest-growing industry segments globally. With the demand for oil and gas-driven applications on the rise and technology advancements, the players in this industry are using various advanced equipment for their drilling operations. The drilling is often conducted in high temperature and pressure environments, so these equipment are exposed to challenging environments. Many of these equipment use printed circuit boards, designed and manufactured with special consideration. At Suntronic, we provide PCB assembly services in the oil and gas industry. Our PCB assemblies have successfully withstood the stringent demands of the oil and gas industry for several years now.
Our Oil and Gas PCB Assembly Service Capabilities
At Suntronic, we are passionate about technology and people with expertise. This allows us to stay at the forefront of electronic assembly and PCB assembly. Today, we take pride in our customer base comprising some of the big names in the industry. Our following custom box build electronic assembly and PCB assembly service capabilities have helped us effectively serve clients in the oil and gas industry.
- Materials: We use FR4, Rogers, Taconic, Arlon, FAF, and different types of high-temperature materials to build PCBs for oil and gas industry applications. FR4 material is the most common choice for building four-layer or multilayer and double-sided PCBs. FR4 materials come in different grades and our in-depth understanding of their strengths and weaknesses allows us to choose the right material for PCBs. For example, we use FR4 High Tg for multilayer PCBs. This variant can resist high temperatures and is more appropriate to use in RoHS compliant PCBs. We use polyimide for flexible and flexible-rigid printed circuit boards and Rogers, Taconic, Arlon, FAF, and others for microwave boards.
- Conformal Coating and Potting: The printed circuit boards used in oil and gas industry are exposed to oxidized and corrosive elements. To avoid their degradation, we provide conformal coating and potting. A thin layer of polymeric film is deposited on the printed circuit board to protect the board components from external elements. We work with different chemistries of conformal coatings, including acrylic, epoxy, polyurethane, silicones, etc.
Electronic assemblies are operated at high temperature and voltages in extremely challenging environments in the oil and gas industry. This increases their chances of rapid failure. To avoid this, we provide potted electronic assemblies. The electronic assembly is filled with a gelatinous compound that helps protect it from gaseous phenomena such as corona discharge and offers protection from shock and vibration, corrosive agents, water, and moisture.
- Types of PCBs: We can provide rigid, rigid-flex, and flexible printed circuit boards in double-sided, single-sided and multilayered configurations. We work with materials like PEEK and polyester to create flexible PCBs. We have been using flame-resistant substrates, epoxy resins, and woven E-glass for rigid PCBs.
- Mounting Technology: We can produce printed circuit boards with through-hole and surface-mounted components. The quality of surface mount components is ensured using automated optical inspection.
- Testing: The printed circuit board assemblies are subjected to various types of testing, including shock and vibration testing, functional testing, X-ray inspection, and more.
- Processing Capabilities: We can create multilayer printed circuit boards with hidden and blind vias, improved impedance control, microwave PCBs, etc, depending on your application requirements.
Why Choose Suntronic for Oil and Gas PCB Assembly Services
At Suntronic, we always try to understand the environments where our PCB assemblies and electronic assemblies will be used. Having worked with oil and gas industry clients for several years, we understand their exact requirements. Our understanding of the different PCB materials, fabrication, and assembly techniques makes us the right partner for anyone looking for trusted PCB assembly services in oil and gas industry. The following pointers regarding our services will help you understand it better.
- Our experts will analyze your design documentation and offer suggestions for improving product manufacturability.
- We specialize in the assembly of PCBs for high-temperature environments.
- We can work with leaded and lead-free substrates and materials to build standard and RoHS-compliant PCBs.
- Our PCB assemblies are proven to cope with temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Our electronic manufacturing services are controlled and customized for each PCB assembly project. All PCBs are assembled following specific layout techniques requested by our clients.
- We take extra care to address electronic static discharge (ESD) during all manufacturing stages. All components are stored in their accurate moisture sensitivity level (MSL) in proper ESD protective packaging. This helps us assure the quality of PCB assemblies and electronic assemblies.
- We have partnered with some of the US’s trusted component manufacturers and material suppliers. Our supply chain is backed by several agreements with prominent component manufacturers.
- Suntronic is perhaps one of those rare PCB assembly services that take pride in the flexibility of full turnkey projects, cosigned projects, and partial cosigned/turnkey projects; depending on the availability of components.
- Our PCB assemblies meet IPC Class 3 requirements.
Applications of Oil and Gas PCB Assembly Solutions
Within our low to mid-volume oil and gas PCB assembly portfolio, we have manufactured PCB assemblies for the following products:
- Downhole tooling equipment
- Rig communication, displays, and alarms
- Surface equipment
- Gas detection systems
- Acoustic based liquid analyzers
- Process, gas, and chemical analyzers
- Well control monitoring systems
- Oil and gas pump controllers
- Fuel terminal automation systems
Partnering with trusted oil and gas PCB assembly services is essential for electronic OEMs serving this industry. An inferior PCB assembly may save their money, but it would affect the functioning of the equipment and sometimes jeopardize the lives of people using them. At Suntronic, we combine the best engineering, manufacturing, and assembly practices to deliver quality PCB assembly solutions. Our understanding of different working equipment and their working environment in the oil and gas industry allows us to assure the best solution. Feel free to contact our team today to learn more about our capabilities in PCB assembly services in the oil and gas industry or to discuss any queries regarding these services. Our experts will respond in-person with a custom quote for your PCB assembly project.