- Rapid Prototyping PCB Assembly
- New Product Introduction
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Services
- Cable and Wire Harness Assembly
- Box Build Assembly Services
- Repair and Refurbishment
- Supply Chain Management
- Low Pressure Injection over Molding
- BGA Rework
- Failure Analysis and Reliability
- Surface Mount Technology
- Electronics Contract Manufacturing Service
- Electronics Testing Services
- PCB Assembly Optical Inspection
- Electromechanical Assembly
- Through-Hole PCB Assembly
- High Volume PCB Assembly
- Low Volume PCB Assembly
- PCB Conformal Coating Services
- Selective Soldering
- Consumer Electronics Fulfillment Services
- Electronics Manufacturing Services
- SMT Stencils
- Turnkey PCB Assembly
- Consigned PCB Assembly
Mixed Model Assembly Services
The PCB assemblies are made of different types of components and parts. These components and parts are mounted in either of two ways – Surface Mount Technology (SMT) and Through Hole Technology (THT). You can choose the best option for your product depending on factors such as the number of components, and their locations, among others. On the other hand, if you have time constraints or require extremely fast PCB assembly services, then mixed model PCB assembly services are the best option. Simply defined, mixed model assembly services encompass the goodness of both through hole and surface mount technologies. The primary benefit you can expect with mixed model PCB assembly services is that it can be used to reduce costs, shorten assembly time and increase productivity at the same time. The mixed technology PCB assembly process is an excellent choice for both large scale and small scale production. At Suntronic, we have a long history of offering high-quality mixed model assembly services at the best prices.
Mixed Model Assembly Services Capabilities of Suntronic
Mixed assembly is a combination of manual and automated assembly processes. In mixed assembly, some components are inserted by hand and the rest are inserted using the pick-and-place machine. This process can be done in single or double side PCBs with multiple layers of components. Our capabilities in mixed model assembly services include;
- Complete Traceability: We make sure to provide you with complete traceability of your PCBs, from the ordering process until the final product being shipped to you.
- Rapid Prototyping: Rapid prototyping is one of our core competencies. Our three facilities are equipped with NPI and prototyping lines, allowing us to meet our deadlines whether it is a same-day, 3-day, 5-day, or 24-hour service.
- Cutting-Edge Equipment: We can provide you quick turn production builds and prototype as we own specialized equipment in the market. We have state-of-the-art automated assembly equipment, automated laser sighting and flux dispensing, fast placement machines for ultra-small and ultra-thin chip components, wave and soldering machines, among others.
- Inspection: We have our own in-house inspection lab, which is equipped with advanced tools and equipment. We have a team of qualified and experienced personnel who can inspect your PCBs to check their compatibility with your specifications and required industry standards employing these techniques.
- Pre-flow Inspection
- Solder Paste Inspection
- X-ray Inspection
- Visual Inspection
- In-circuit Testing
- 3D Automated Optical Inspection
- Functional Testing
- Dielectric Testing
- Final Assembly AQL Inspection
We understand how important it is to get your order done on time. Hence, we at Suntronic make sure that our turnaround time is as quick as possible.
Benefits of Mixed Model PCB Assembly
The mixed model PCB assembly is a relatively new method in the PCB manufacturing industry. It combines the advantages of manual assembly – flexibility, precision, and good quality – with the speed and economy of automatic assemblies. The main idea behind mixed model assembly is to use automatic machines to automate the process of placing Surface Mount Technology (SMT) components on the PCB while using manual machines for larger parts, such as through-hole components or heat sinks. A few other benefits associated with the technique include;
- The primary advantage of mixed model PCB assembly is that it provides cost-effective PCB manufacturing because it uses automation to speed up the most labor-intensive processes. It also human labor to implement necessary tasks that machines cannot execute. This process allows businesses to meet their financial goals while keeping their customers happy with a product that has been manufactured efficiently and at affordable prices.
- A mixed model assembly process can help produce higher quality boards, and increase production speed. A mixed model assembly process can also reduce labor costs by eliminating hand-soldering in favor of automated soldering, which requires fewer workers for the same amount of work.
Mixed model PCB assembly is emerging as a great option for PCBs that require complex routing and interconnections. Many electronics OEMs are now turning to this method to improve their product performance and reduce their overall manufacturing costs.
Applications of Mixed Model PCB Assembly
We at Suntronic regularly cater to complex mixed model PCB assembly requirements of the clients in aerospace, defense, medical, oil and gas, telecommunications, computers, power production, and transportation industries. Our mixed model PCB assemblies are used to manufacture the following products:
- Automatic temperature control systems
- Timer-based water sprinklers
- Air conditioners
- LED Lighting Products
- Server Boards
- Video Processing Units
- Communication Hardware
- Sensor Boards
- Industrial Water Motors
- Infrared Remote-controlled Televisions
- FPGA Controlled Advanced Industrial Applications
We have been providing services to the clients for several years now and have always been successful in exceeding their expectations. Suntronic is committed to offer low-cost mixed model PCB assembly services to our customers without compromising on quality. Our printed circuit board assembly services are reliable and we ensure all your mixed model boards will be assembled with the best quality materials and the finest craftmanship. We have skilled workers and customer care executives who are ready to serve customers on time. If you’re looking for reliable and cost-effective mixed model assembly services, contact us today!