Printed circuit board assembly services are one of the most popular services in different industries. Since modern electronics has become a crucial part of almost every industry, the printed circuit boards are one of the main resources in industrial electromechanical setups. Different applications require PCBs in different specifications. The need for customization of PCBs is well-acknowledged by Suntronic. Thus, we offer electronic assembly services. We provide a complete range of printed circuit board assembly services including design, prototyping, and assembly services customized based on customers’ requirements.
PCB Manufacturing and Assembly Process Followed at Suntronic
As one of the leading PCB assembly manufacturers, Suntronic follows a thorough process to produce high-quality and performance-driven assembled PCBs. Under Suntronic’s PCB assembly services, we follow the following steps.
- PCB Design: This is the first step in our printed circuit board assembly services. We can custom design the PCBs based on the customer requirements. The design process is followed by prototyping which allows us to check for the failure of the PCBs so that the defects can be resolved at the primary stage i.e.; the pre-fabrication process.
- Material and Component Procurement: After seeking client approval, our team chooses high-quality material and components procurement. This step helps us ensure the availability of quality components before the start of the assembly process. High-quality materials help us assure performance-centric electronic assembly services.
- Solder Paste Application/ Stenciling: In this step, the actual PCB fabrication process begins. No matter what type of PCB is being fabricated, stenciling remains the primary step. In this step, we apply a stencil to the board. This is then followed by the application of solder paste. This ensures that the solder paste is applied only where the components are to be mounted.
- Component Mounting: We opt for pick and place component mounting operation under conventionally-led surface mount technology. In the automated PCB fabrication, we adopt pick and place component mounting by using robotic arms. This helps in rapid component mounting and reduces the chances for human errors. Our advanced automated component mounting capabilities allow us to satisfy complex PCB assembly requirements such as BGA, UBGA, CSP, etc. Automation of component mounting applications reduces the duration of the production cycle and enhances the efficiency of our electronic assembly services.
- Soldering: All mounted components are fixed in place using selective wave soldering. In this process, a solder material or filler material like lead/tin is filled at the joining points of components followed by furnace heating and natural cooling. This fixes the component at the mounted location. We also offer lead-free soldering.
- Conformal Coating: The PCBs are secured using a suitable conformal coating material. This helps protect the copper on PCBs from oxidation.
- Inspection and Testing: Inspection and testing is the post-production step we adopt at Suntronic. Being one of the most quality-centric PCB assembly manufacturers, we are focused on the quality and performance of our custom PCB manufacturing services. Therefore, we go for inspection and testing methods as follows.
- Functional Testing
- Durability Testing
- Visual and Advanced Inspection
Note: All the above-mentioned steps are part of the standard procedure we follow under our PCB assembly services, however, the production parameters may vary based on customization requirements.
Suntronic’s Printed circuit board assembly services are highly appreciated by our clients due to certain capabilities we possess. The following capabilities of Suntronic make us a highly reputed PCB assembly manufacturer.
- PCB Assembly Type: Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Ball Grid Array (BGA), uBGA/Micro BGA, Chip-Scale Packaging (CSP)
- Soldering Techniques: Selective wave soldering, High Melting Point (HMP) soldering, Pb88 Soldering, and Au80 Soldering
- Solder Type: Lead-solder, Tin-solder, Lead-free solder/RoHS-compliant
- Testing and Inspection: Microscopic Inspection, Flying probe test (FPT), Automated Optical Inspection, X-ray Inspection
Partner with Us
Suntronic specializes in quality custom PCB assembly services. Our commitment to delivering innovative electronic assembly services at quick turnaround times without compromising the quality makes us one of the most-reputed PCB assembly manufacturers in the US. If you are willing to partner with us for your custom PCB design and production requirements, please feel free to contact us at the earliest. Our experts would be happy to help you.