- Rapid Prototyping PCB Assembly
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly Services
- Cable and Wire Harness Assembly
- Box Build Assembly Services
- Repair and Refurbishment
- Supply Chain Management
- Low Pressure Injection over Molding
- BGA Rework
- Failure Analysis and Reliability
- Surface Mount Technology
- Electronics Contract Manufacturing Service
- Electronics Testing Services
- PCB Assembly Optical Inspection
- Electromechanical Assembly
- Through-Hole PCB Assembly
- Mixed Model Assembly Services
- High Volume PCB Assembly
- Low Volume PCB Assembly
- PCB Conformal Coating Services
- Selective Soldering
- Consumer Electronics Fulfillment Services
- Electronics Manufacturing Services
- SMT Stencils
- Turnkey PCB Assembly
- Consigned PCB Assembly
New Product Introduction
Prototypes are always recommended before full volume productions. This gives scope to the client to make any changes in the prototype if required, and definitely gives them the exact picture of how the final product would be. Aside from this, there are many other benefits of making a prototype.
One of them is keeping it as a reference to innovate new future products. This is what NPI or new product introduction is all about. There is a product A and its prototype. The NPI process comprises developing a new totally new product B by taking an idea from the prototype of product A. This comprises all the steps of the manufacturing process from the ideation stage to design, testing, implementation, and so on.
Suntronic Inc. focuses on NPI which has helped our customers introduce innovative products and reduce the time to market for the same. Our expertise and experience in electronics manufacturing enables us to offer our clients the required technical assistance for component selection, testing, supply chain, and so on.
An Overview of the New Product Introduction Manufacturing Process
Here are a few pointers which sum up an NPI process:
- First, there has to be a purpose to develop a new product, an agenda with regards to the client’s strengths vis-à-vis the market requirements.
- Once this purpose is decided, our team of experienced engineers will hold discussions with the marketing and business development teams. This gives them an idea about what the product should comprise in terms of features and specifications.
- Now, the actual manufacturing process begins with the DFM converted into a product prototype, and then its analysis, testing, and documentation is performed.
- Here, everything, right from the types of materials, fabrication techniques, components, and so on are decided.
- From here on, the engineering team starts planning for high-volume production and holds further discussion with the clients to see if it meets their business requirements. Simultaneously, the marketing experts analyze the product from a salability point of view and its estimated demand in various market segments.
- The full-scale production begins after receiving client’s approval on designs.
- Changes as recommended may be done at every stage.
Know the NPI Process Steps
A new product launch is challenging without knowing the market estimations and having a launch strategy in place. NPI helps a great deal in improving the success rate of hardware devices. If a hardware device does not perform well in the market or becomes obsolete due to newer and better competitor products, it not only leads to financial losses but also poses challenges in terms of dumping and wastage of devices. So, devising an NPI process is crucial, and it must be looked at just like a new product. While the basic steps are mentioned above, here is the process in detail:
- Following DFM: Once an idea is finalized, we use the DFM technique. We prepare versions of design in tools such as AUTOCAD and refer to the design in Gerber files. This is easier and offers a clearer picture with the instructions as well as the schema. At this stage, we also refer to BoM as well as all the CAD design versions.
- Availability of Required parts and Components: Our strong network of vendors allows us to procure the best components on time. BoM is crucial at this stage too, especially for the part numbers, cost, and so on. If a particular part is not available, we suggest a substitute. When procuring components their capability to function in specified temperature and humidity ranges is key.
- Capability: We are capable of manufacturing bulk parts, and production volume is not an issue for us. In case of circuit boards, we offer multiple layers if required and can cater to the most complex designs.
- Testing and Inspection: We offer prototypes and first article inspection before a product or PCB is approved for final production. Suggested changes if any can be implemented at this stage. Being focused on quality and accuracy, we implement manual and visual testing as well AOI.
Benefits of Partnering with Us for New Product Introduction Manufacturing Needs
Partnering with an electronics manufacturer like us, especially in the early product lifecycle stage may be extremely beneficial for an OEM. There are many other benefits of partnering with us. Here are some of them:
- We have several years of experience working with clients from diverse sectors, and hence our eye for detail is set in terms of figuring the potential problems early on.
- We help our clients save cost and time as the bugs in the ideation and design stages can be fixed almost immediately.
- This offers the client decreased time to market and increased opportunities to package their product.
- We offer quick prototypes and really fast turnaround times without compromising on quality or accuracy.
- We offer end-to-end NPI as well as supply chain solutions for the same.
- There are various areas of our NPI services, such as DFM and DFT analysis, component engineering, supply chain, prototyping, and so on.
Our several years of market experience has helped us developed expertise in offering the requires assistance to develop innovative products from the available prototype. We offer end-to-end solutions and technical guidance for all your electronics and PCB assembly solutions. Our state-of-the-art facilities in Dallas and Houston along with our technically sound team enable us to fulfill the most complex NPI needs of our clients. Please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss any questions you may have regarding our new product introduction manufacturing capabilities.