Electronics has become a part of our daily chores, be it in the form of television, mobile phone, watch or even other highly sophisticated systems. All these electronic products feature PCBs and thus PCB assembly is becoming one of the critical steps involved in the production of electronic products of varied forms, structures and functionalities. However, PCB assembly is a complex process that requires a quite a lot of strategic planning in order to ensure a successful production. The post lists a few tips that must be followed while undertaking PCB assembly process to ensure a high-quality, cost-effective product.
Key Considerations to Get Unmatched PCB Assembly Solutions
There are a number of elements that need to be considered when designing a PCBA. Each will have an impact on the cost, complexity of the assembly, and the final result. Some factors may be beyond your control, but as a customer you can influence several other elements. Keep an eye on the following tips before you outsource PCB assembly services.
- Understand How PCB Assembly Process Works: The PCB assembly process is a highly complex and technical procedure. It starts with the design and layout of the printed circuit board (PCB) and ends when the product gets shipped to its destination. The whole procedure has different stages that require careful planning, time, and effort. If you have a clear understanding of the processes in PCBA, it would be easy to get involved in the assembly procedures, ask questions, request for changes, by working in close association with your PCB assembly services provider.
- Understand your Design: It is highly recommended to understand your design before approaching a PCB assembly services provider. The design of the PCB determines how easy or complex it is to assemble. Some PCBs are suitable for manual assembly while other are more suitable for robotized assembly lines. Similarly, some parts are too small or too close together to be picked up by SMT machines while others can’t be soldered manually. So, you must know that there are different assembly techniques and procedures apply when it comes to PCBA, which are basically determined based on the design. Hence, if you know the design, it would be easy for you to suggest the methods and techniques to be employed that best suit the requirements of your board.
- Talk to your PCBA Service Provider: Effective communication with your PCB assembly services provider is a key to successful production. If you talk to your PCB assembler right from the initial stage, they can offer you valuable insights on how your design can be improved. Such quality interactions also enable you make the assembler understand the desired requirements in terms of strong signal transmission or high-power output. This can save your as well as the service provider’s time and money by preventing changes that may require in the later stage.
- Costs Involved: There are a number of costs that you need to consider when you are ready to have your PCB assembled. In order to get a good deal from your PCB assembly shop, you need to know about the several costs involved in the assembly process. Be informed that the PCB assembly costs vary as per the assembly type, total numbers of electronic components, material used for PCB, package size of components, process requirements, coating requirements, among others. Get to know about such costs involved before starting with the assembly process, rather than get surprised at the end.
- Turn-Around Time: The next important thing you need to consider is how much time, and effort are required for the whole PCB assembly process. Different PCB assembly services possess different expertise, experience, technique and strategy, which in turn helps determine the turn-around time. The faster the company can deliver the boards, the higher would be their customer satisfaction.
PCBs are inevitable components across all industries, including automotive, aerospace, telecommunications, consumer electronics and healthcare, among others. This increasing usage has in turn led to a significant expansion in the PCB assembly industry. The industry is growing and it is unfortunate that there are many service providers offering low quality products at high prices. Hence, it is recommended to partner with a reliable PCB assembly service providers like Suntronic as they assure the best service after carefully analyzing the design and following the right procedures. The company owns a good reputation for offering the finest quality PCB assembly solutions at competitive prices.